Indians received the highest number of Canada PR Visas in 2021 and it is likely that the same trend will continue for some years ahead. It is thus evident that several thousands of Canada PR Visa applications are filed from India every year. Among various aspects, the Total cost for Canada PR from India is something that all applicants wish to confirm.
Eligibility Criteria for Canada PR
You have to fulfill specific criteria to qualify to apply for the Canada PR Visa:
- Secure a score equal to or higher than 67 from a total of 100
- Have work experience in an occupation included in the in-demand list in Canada
- Obtain the specified band score in IELTS for the chosen immigration program
- Be able to submit documents for work experience, educational credentials, language proficiency, etc
- Possess adequate funds for immigrating and settling in Canada
Canada PR from India – Step-by-Step Process
The application process for Canada PR Visa is simple and consists of 3 major steps. After receiving confirmation of approval, you have to provide your passport for Visa stamping at the Embassy of Canada in India.
The process involves the following 3 crucial steps:
Assess the various factors that will make you qualified for the Canada PR Visa process. This is inclusive of your IELTS score, WES Education Assessment Report, etc.
Submit the application online through the Express Entry system. Your selection depends on your overall CRS score.
Once you receive the Invitation to Apply you must file the complete application along with the essential documents.
Documents Necessary for Canada PR Application
You will have to provide the following documents during the PR application process:
- Educational Transcripts
- Eligible WES Report
- Score Card in IELTS
- Proof of Identity
- Police Clearance & Medical Certificate
- Authentic passport
- Letters for Work experience
Different Pathways to Apply for Canada PR
Canada offers 100 plus immigration programs to apply for Canada PR and some prominent pathways are:
- FSWP – Federal Skilled Worker Program
- CEC – Canadian Experience Class
- PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
- QSWP – Quebec Skilled Worker Program
- Business Immigration
- Family Class Sponsorship
Federal Skilled Worker Program
FSWP is a highly popular immigration pathway for Indians as it does not require a job offer or work experience in Canada. It selects candidates for immigration to Canada based on factors like their age, work experience, occupation, language proficiency, educational qualifications, etc.
The Government of Canada usually offers Invitations to Apply for Canada PR Visas once every 15 days. The candidates with the highest rankings are chosen in the selection draw. After submission of the complete application, the processing of the PR status is completed within 6 months.
Federal Skilled Worker Program Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking to apply for the FSWP have to fulfill certain basic requirements:
- Minimum of one year of paid work experience in a skilled occupation included in NOC – National Occupational Classification in the past 10 years
- Work experience as a student if applicable
- Received payment by wages or commission
- Absence of employment gaps
- Possess proficiency in the English language on par with minimum CLB – Canadian Language Benchmark level 7 in all 4 language competencies: Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing.
- Secure a minimum of 67 points on the 100-point grid
After fulfilling the above parameters, an applicant can enter the pool of candidates in the Express Entry System.
The application process for Canada PR from India under FSWP
The Invitation to Apply offered under the Express Entry system has a validity of only 60 days. The applicants have to complete the application process in the following manner:
Step 1: Log in to your individual account
Step 2: Click the application link for PR under Express Entry
You must submit all the necessary forms and offer only true information while filling out the application form. Furthermore, you must complete all the mandatory fields and save the form online.
Documents Required for Canada PR through FSWP
Applicants of PR Visa through FSWP have to offer the following documents for the processing of their application:
- Accurately completed application form with signature
- Processing fees for the Government of Canada
- Civil status and identification documents
- Travel documents and passport
- Proof of professional qualification training or education
- Evidence of work experience
- Test results for IELTS or CELPIP and ECA – Educational Credential Assessment Report
The above list is only indicative. The Canada Immigration or Visa Officers can ask for extra documents for avoiding rejection or delay.
If you wish to select the most suitable immigration program for your PR Visa application, contact Nationwide Visas today.